Friday, October 7, 2011

Apples and Tomatoes

Yesterday I took care of the ripe tomatoes.  I still have them trickling in, a few at a time.  Some vines, for some reason have not frosted yet, but they only have small ones left on them.   Just cooked up a big pan, sieved them, and stuck them in the freezer.  Will taste good this winter, as I use tomatoes in a lot of dishes, mmm, chili, rice or macaroni dishes, stews, soups.  I also had a 5 gallon pail of apples.  They are a variety of Red Delicious, and wind blew every last one of them off the tree.  (It was a small crop this year!)  The deer stop and munch every day on their trek thru the yard, too.  I put the good ones in the frig, and the rest I ran thru the peeler, doused them with a little sugar and cinnamon mixture and put them in the dehydrator.  Really made the house smell good.  They are ready this AM to be jarred up.

No comments:

Post a Comment