Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chilly Fall Night in SD

The cold wind blew very hard today.  On the way home from work, my car shook as I drove.  Now the first winter weather advisory is out for the north part of our State.  It will get cold here tonight as well, and tomorrow promises only temps in the 30's and 40's.  However, the weekend forecast puts us back up in the 60's.  The football playoffs were tonight, a very cold, windy and blustery night to play that game.  Looked like more running games than passing ones tonight.
I brought into the house, my three pots of Gerber daisies.  I just can't bear the thoughts of those pretty flowers freezing tonight.  One pot is heavy, so I am not going to do this too many times.  I had some moss roses in with them, and they are only seed pods and stems, so will pull them out before I put the pots back on the step.
Well, we will see tomorrow if anyone gets snow tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment